Members VHF Training / DSC / RYA Procedures
A 2hr in house Training course by a tutor to give you a basic understanding of the procedures and a working knowledge to operate a VHF radio whilst at DSC either on Safety, driving the Rib to go diving or Battery duty under our club licence.
The evening will provide you with a good foundation in preparation to proceed and start studying for the course below if you desire! It’s open to juniors if your currently an ai /di, and all adults.
This course doesn’t include the full SRC course or the exam outlined below, but will cover / touch on elements of it!
The RYA Marine Radio Short Range Certificate (SRC) is the minimum qualification required to operate marine VHF radio equipment on a UK flagged vessel. This includes both fixed and handheld equipment with and without Digital Selective Calling (DSC). It is obtained by successfully completing an SRC exam conducted at an RYA Recognised Training Centre.
There is no age limit for taking the SRC course although exam candidates must be 16 years old on the day of the exam.
Course subjects include:
- routine operation of marine VHF radio including Digital Selective Calling
- the correct VHF channels (frequencies) to be used for each type of communication
- distress, emergency and medical assistance procedures
- ship to shore communication
- practical use of Marine VHF DSC radios
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
- Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB)
- Search and Rescue Transponders (SART)
Heres a taster video!
Couse will be in the clubhouse 7 – 9pm.
Bookings either haven't opened yet, or are unfortunately full & have closed for this event.