WOW WE @DSC (Women on Water) Wednesday Evenings
Date(s): Wed Sep 14, 2022
Time: 18:30 - 21:30
Donaghadee Sailing Club
Are you a woman looking to get into sailing or already taking part?
Fancy getting on the water in a fun, friendly and safe environment with likeminded women?
Donaghadee Sailing Club’s new Women on Water on Wednesday Evenings (WOW-WE) encourages female members to enjoy water related activities safely. There is more than just sailing on offer! You are just as welcome to come and paddle as you are to come and sail. A range of dinghies, a yacht and paddle boards will be available.
We are a mixed ability group, from total beginner to round the world sailors. Our common aim is to encourage, support and help each other on the water, whilst also having a giggle and gossip.
WOW-WE activities take place on Wednesday evenings at 19:00 from May 4th through to the end of the summer. This is for Wednesday evenings ! To book your place please fill in your details below (all fields are mandatory and all data in handled in compliance with the DSC GDPR policy).
- You must be a DSC member to join this activity – there’s no additional cost to participate once your a member of the club!
- On the water for 7.30pm so arrive early perhaps an hour on your 1st session ~ 6 30pm to allow time to get ready, and half an hour thereafter.
- Usually on water for an hour or more if the weather is nice and the gossip is good.
- Join us for a glass of wine or a cup of tea in the clubhouse after a warm shower.
- Not planning swapping type of activity or sailing boat type during sessions but we can be flexible, if it really doesn’t suit.
- Anyone needing wet gear, should request what they need when booking, i.e wetsuit (don’t worry we’ll all be wearing them on a dinghy, but not needed on the bigger boats).
Thanks, The DSC WOW-WE Team 😉