WOW – WE (Wednesday Evening Sessions) @ DSC
Are you a woman looking to get into sailing or already taking part?
Fancy getting on the water in a fun, friendly and safe environment with likeminded women?
Donaghadee Sailing Club’s new Women on Water on Wednesday Evenings (WOW-WE) encourages female members to enjoy water related activities safely. There is more than just sailing on offer! You are just as welcome to come and paddle as you are to come and sail. A range of dinghies, a yacht and paddle boards will be available, and we can arrange a snorkelling session on request.
We are a mixed ability group, from total beginner to round the world sailors. Our common aim is to encourage, support and help each other on the water, whilst also having a giggle and gossip.
WOW-WE activities take place on Wednesday evenings at 19:00 from May 3rd through to the end of the summer or when the nights get too short.
We’ve created a 4 week introductory session, so 4 consecutive weeks weather permitting. Members 4 week sessions free . The cost for Non Members of DSC is £35, this can be deducted from a membership application if you would like to continue after the 4 weeks! Although all members can take part in the 4 week sessions free of charge – social members would be required to upgrade to a sailing member after the free 4 week sessions if they wished to continue on the water on a regular basis.
This is for Wednesday evenings !
To book your place please fill in your details below (all fields are mandatory and all data in handled in compliance with the DSC GDPR policy).
- On the water for 7.30pm so arrive early perhaps an hour on your 1st session ~ 6 30pm to allow time to get ready, try on equipment etc, and half an hour thereafter.
- Usually on water for an hour or more if the weather is nice and the gossip is good.
- Join us for a cold beverage or a cup of tea in the clubhouse bar after a warm shower.
- Swapping type of activity or sailing boat type during sessions – we can be flexible, if it really doesn’t suit.
- Anyone needing wet gear, should request what they need when booking, i.e wetsuit (don’t worry we’ll all be wearing them on a dinghy, but not needed on the bigger boats).
Thanks, The DSC WOW-WE Team 😉
Bookings either haven't opened yet, or are unfortunately full & have closed for this event.