Want to try sailing? Then opt for this introduction session designed to give individuals the chance of trying dinghy sailing.
- Duration: the sessions run on the Saturday and are 3 hours in duration.
- Who is it for? – aimed at complete beginners who want to try dinghy sailing.
- Course aims: to provide you with a basic understanding of rigging, launching and sailing a boat safely in moderate wind conditions
- Qualifications: no qualifications for this course – sign up for the RYA Stage 1 course and an RYA logbook and certificate is awarded on completion of this 2 day course.
- Boat used: the course will be run using stable Laser Stratos keel boats
- What’s included: all equipment provided (dinghy, wetsuit, spray top and buoyancy aid).
Please bring the following with you:
- warm clothing for the upper body, close fitting sweat shirts
- Warm hat and gloves
- Wet suit boots or trainers that you don’t mind getting wet
- Towel and change of clothes
- Medication you may require
- Sun screen in summer.
- Pack lunch or snack and bottle of water
- An open mind!
Please read our Training Course Essential information page
Sessions can be booked and paid via our online booking system. See upcoming courses in this category on the right hand side of the page or the complete list is available in the training calendar available here:- Training programme 2019
Further information is available by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling Steve on 07599454065 or James on 07730006149