Bright Nights Sailing 2019 – Starting Friday 31st May @ 7pm please assemble in the clubhouse and be ready at this time!
Bookings for Friday 31st May BNS sessions will open on the DSC website at 7pm Tuesday 28th May, pre-booking is essential to ensure your child’s participation!
Booking will be available here for 7pm:
and here for 8pm:
In association with the Sport NI “Active Clubs ” program supported by the RYA in Northern Ireland, DSC will be running the Bright Night sailing starting on the 31st May 2019.
You will have the opportunity to get out on the water with our experienced helms and learn some of the basics of sailing while have great fun with like minded juniors. As this is not a drop off program, we require that a parent remains on the shore or in the club house during the session. A BBQ is held in the Club after sailing and all participants can relax and socialise over some light refreshments.
Participation is completely free for members, non-members can join at the Registration evening, and have a 2 week trial period, see below for details. With club membership you can avail of the discounted rates for all the training courses held through the year, as well as joining in the many events throughout the year.
Please bring the following with you:
- Waterproof, wet suit and buoyancy aid (if you have them)
- We can provide a buoyancy aid for the first 2 weeks
- warm clothing for the upper body, close fitting sweat shirts
- Warm hat and gloves
- Wet suit boots or trainers that you don’t mind getting wet
- Towel and change of clothes
[ All participants wishing to sail on the first Friday, the 31st May, MUST be existing members or have become a member at the registration night Friday the 17th of May. The number of places is limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis, a waiting list will be maintained if spaces become available at a later date.]
The evening will be divided into two sessions one at 7pm and one at 8pm. Participants will need to book on a week by week basis via the Club website and will be on a first come basis.
Friday Nights will run from the 31st May until the 23rd of August.
Further information is available by emailing: email@example.com
Special Membership offer(s) for new Bright Nights May 2019 participants:
- Payment required upon registration in May
- £39 for Junior (53/12*6 = 26.5 pro rata plus 12.50 joining fee)
- £155 for Family (210/12*6 = 105 pro rata plus 50 joining fee)
- Full refund if not happy after first 2 weeks (or sessions) trial period
Returning members from last year:
- For members who had joined bright night sailing in May 2018, or were members last year (1st Nov 17 to 31st Oct 18) but have lapsed their membership into this 2018/19 season, the fee will be charged as per normal membership renewal rate (ie not pro-rata as they should have given notice of resignation from the club) but with the exception that the joining fee would be waived (ref section 6.7 from the constitution – ie good will):
- £53 for Junior renewal
- £210 for Family renewal
- For re-joining members who were a member in, say the 2016/17 season or even previous to that, they would be treated as “new members” with the May pro rata fee and joining fee being applied.
Note: No trial period or refund for returning or re-joining members
The registration form and policy document are available for download: